SIMUL-qPCR Alicyclobacillus species Kit
This easy-to-use diagnostics kit screens for one of the most problematic spoilage organisms known to fruit juice and concentrate producers, Alicyclobacillus species. Food/drink processors and associated laboratories can use the SIMUL-qPCR System as a quick and reliable method for detecting pathogenic Alicyclobacillus in fruit juice products. Our Alicyclobacillus (ACB) broth combines nutritional components with additional ingredients that are necessary to selectively improve recovery and growth of Alicyclobacillus species. The selective agents present in ACB broth have been optimized to efficiently inhibit competing normal bacterial flora without affecting the growth of Alicyclobacillus species. ACB Broth is formulated for buffering capacity to ensure growth in a variety of matrices such as fruit juice concentrates, pulp, and essential oils.
- Results in 48 hours
- Bypasses lengthy International Fruit and Vegetable Juice Association (IFU)-recommended agar plating method. (5-8 days)
- Recovers all major Alicyclobacillus spoilage species (A. acidoterrestris, A. acidiphilus, A. herbarius, A. cycloheptanicus)
- Method adapted for highly acidic and high Degrees Brix matrices.
- Easy lysis protocol for simplified laboratory testing procedures
- Can be performed before or after pasteurization.
- Utilizes real time PCR technology
- Enrichment Time: 48-72 hours in ACB or BAT Broth
- Limit of Detection: 1000 CFU/mL after enrichment
- Matrices Tested: Orange Pulp, Orange and Pineapple Essence
- In Silico Analysis confirms coverage of 25 species of Alicyclobacillus including the four major spoilage strains; A. acidoterrestris, A. acidiphilus, A. herbarius, A. cycloheptanicus